CBM was founded in 1927 as the first Canadian cash register distributor. In 1946 CBM began manufacturing metal cash drawers and accessories to compliment the cash register distribution.
We are a fully integrated design and manufacturing facility with over 100 employees.
CBM is a privately owned, fourth generation family business which takes pride in excellent employee relations. CBM is proud to support an Employee Association and encourages employee involvement at all levels.
Positions at CBM range from skilled hourly workers to technical to management depending on skills, education and experience needed to do the job. At CBM we believe in ongoing training, skill building and employee development. We promote from within the company through internal job vacancy postings and cross-functional training programs. CBM is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity.
At CBM we offer competitive compensation and have a benefits program that is designed to protect or enhance the well being of our employees and their families.
Job Vacancy # CBM 2013 - 03
Product Support Specialist – Mechanical Engineering
CBM Ltd. is currently looking for Product Support Specialist to join our Engineering and Operations Team.
· Post Secondary Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technology Diploma
· Experience in a Mechanical Engineering environment (Manufacturer)
· Knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing process
· Knowledge of design of sheet metal parts
· Familiar with bill of material structure and development
· Working knowledge of Lantek, AutoCad, Word, Excel, Solid Works, Inventor
· Knowledge and ability to perform CNC, Laser and Lantek punch programming
· Willing to participate in training and continue to upgrade skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of personnel
· Creative, problem solver able to work with minimal supervision
· Team oriented
· Develop programs for NC/Laser machines
· Issue programs and work orders to NC/Laser and Forming Departments
· Analyze existing Laser / NC programs and modify to improve sheet utilization and reduce run times
· Issue steel order sheets to Purchasing and coordinate steel deliveries with Production/Purchasing
· Update system parameters (pieces per hour) for steel parts and sub-assemblies to maintain up-to-date costing for all products
· Process Engineering Change Notices (ECN’S), minor drawing changes etc.
· Provide copies of drawings and engineering information to other departments
· Process, Track and value non-conformances in accordance to ISO procedures
· Comply to all ISO and safety standards and procedures
· Continuous process improvement
· Assist in BOM creation
· Process & track prototypes through production
· Assist Designers with drawing development
· Assist Quality Department with first off’s & product fit up
Qualified and Interested Candidates should forward their resume to Human Resources at Canadian Business Machines Ltd. by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Fax: 905.878.6748. Job Vacancy # CBM 2012 - 02
CBM Ltd. is currently looking for Certified and Skilled Welders with Mig and Tig experience.
· Welding Certificate in Mig and Tig Welding
· 2 years experience in Mig and Tig Welding
· Ability to set up and operate mig welding station, tig welding station, drill presses, grinder and air extractor
· Aluminum welding experience is an asset
· Read drawings to ensure part is to run according to specifications and work instructions
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
· Ability to perform all physical requirements for the job
· Ability to work weekends and overtime as required
· Knowledge of ISO procedures
· Focused on safe working procedures
· Willingness to learn and be trained in the job
· Team player willing to help out in other departments as required
· Produce product as per drawings/work instructions
· Operate migwelder, grinder, sander
· Check and test welds as per department procedures and standards
· General housekeeping and ensure equipment is working properly
· Maintain standard times
· Complete all paperwork as required
· Follow all ISO procedures and maintain quality standards
· Follow all safety procedures and policies and ensure workers are following them in the department
· Continual process improvement
· Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Qualified and Interested Candidates should forward their resume to Human Resources at Canadian Business Machines by email: email@example.com Or Fax: 905.878.6748.
Job Vacancy # CBM 2012 - 01