CBM recognizes the requirement for manufacturers to be aware of their environmental impact. We embrace this responsibility by integrating environmental considerations into our business and make every effort to promote the use of recycled materials, reduce waste and minimize CBM’s ecological footprint. Here are some of the ways we do this:
Giving Back to the Grid – Solar Power
CBM utilizes its roof top to promote the use of solar power and generate energy. We have committed to the continued use of solar power to minimize CBM’s dependence on government-generated electricity to run our operations.
CBM calculates the recycled content of purchased steel to be approximately 58%. This includes a total post-consumer content of 20%, a total pre-consumer content (also known as “post-industrial”) content of 25%, with the balance comprised of home scrap. CBM’s internal scrap is 100% recyclable.
Powder Coating Application
All of our products are powder coated and this yields many environmental benefits. Powder coating is made up of raw materials, similar to other coatings, but without organic solvents. As a result, there is no volatile release of organic compounds (VOC's) into the atmosphere during application. The powder coat application process allows a safe, one-coat process where excess powder is collected and reused.
98% of CBM’s Kraft sheet (corrugated) packaging materials can be recycled. Kraft sheet is made up of approximately 70% O.C.C. (old corrugated containers) while the other 30% is made up of recycled post consumer waste.
At CBM, we are committed to the environment and we prove it every day with best practices in production, waste reduction and energy efficiency.